It seems like you can get anything mailed to you as a subscription service these days – wine, snacks, movies, beauty products, & even toys. I have been curious to try out one of these toy subscription services so I was happy to have the chance to receive a free box of toys from Sparkbox to review!
As you can tell by the pictures, the boys enjoyed getting a box of new toys in the mail…
- Every child loves getting packages in the mail
- Every child loves getting new toys
- They include little snacks with the toys, which is a fun touch.
- You get the benefit of new toys without the clutter (b/c you send the toys back when you are done with them)
- If your child loves a toy, you can buy it at a discounted price
- All the toys are sanitized (more than I can say for the toys laying around our house)
- Free shipping both ways
- You can edit which toys are shipped to you if you choose to. Otherwise toys are curated for you child based on their age.
- There aren’t any late fees – simply return the box when your child is done playing with it
- It is a pain having to keep track of all of the pieces. I found myself stressing more about it than I thought I would. I was also worried about the toys breaking. (Note: If a piece does go missing they just charge you a small replacement fee, but they say that this is rare.)
- Matteo remembers every toy that he has ever played with (or at least it seems that way). There have been many times that we have dug something out of the attic because he remembered playing with it months ago, or he has begged to go to a certain friend’s house to play with a certain toy. Fighting the battle of sending the toys back every time is just not something that I’m willing to do.
- The toys available only go up to age 4, which means that my older son is getting to old for it already.
- My younger son would be the one to enjoy the subscription more since the toys are more for his age; however, since he is the second child we already have tons of toys for his age (passed down from older brother)
I think that this subscription service would be great for a first time mom who does not have a huge toy collection, & is always looking for something to help keep the baby/toddler happy & occupied. This could make a great gift for someone (chip in with a group of friends or ask the grandparents). While personally it is not a great fit for our family, I see the value in it. The toys are good quality, are developmentally supportive, & won’t break the bank.
Right now you can get a free 14 day trial to see if you like it! And you can keep up with them in all of the usual places as well…