Hosting a play date is not exactly easy or relaxing, but every now & then the thought of having more kids in your house sounds like a good idea… Here are some reasons why:
- Your toilet is starting to look like it belongs in a frat house, & you need motivation to clean it
- You need a fun activity for your kids that doesn’t cost $50
- You just went grocery shopping & can make it seem like you don’t just serve chicken nuggets for every meal
- You needed an excuse to ask your husband to do the dishes
- You don’t have to leave the house to keep your kids from driving you crazy
- Your kids are pretty much guaranteed to get ADHD if they watch anymore TV this week
- Your kids are not puking, coughing, or running a fever so you need to get some socializing in quick before the next round of illnesses
- You need a distraction from your never ending to do list
- You want your child to realize how awesome their toys are, & the fastest way to do that is have another kid want to play with them
- You want to complain to a fellow mom about the behavior of the week
Of course as soon as the play date is over, your child will have caught whatever illness their friend had last week, your sink will be full of dishes again, your snack supply will be depleted, & the TV will go back on.
But it was fun while it lasted, right?